1. GENERAL TERMS
“Agreement” or “contract” means all of the documents which you and the Company have signed and the Credit Card Authorization Form you have signed.
“Client” or “you” means any purchaser, client and/or user of any of our Services.
“Company”, “we”, “us” or “me” means Sikadan Homes
The platform we offer at our website (www.sikadanhomes.org ) are referred to as the “Site(s)”.
2. PRIVACY OFFICER
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for overseeing what we do with your information and for monitoring compliance with this policy and data protection laws and may be contacted: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We Collect Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide.
Certain users of the Site choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of your interaction with us. Examples of the information we collect include:
· Account Information. This may include your first and last name, telephone number, and email address when you sign up for an account.
· Identity Verification Information. We may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information to create and maintain a trusted environment.
· Profile and Listing Information. This includes information which we may ask you to provide for the purpose of booking or creating a listing including a date of birth or a profile picture.
· Payment and Billing Data, including your payment instrument or bank account number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
· Financial Information. To help users of our Services set up a payment account and pay fees, we may collect financial information, including debit card or credit card number, and other payment information, as applicable. We use Financial Information in order to operate the Site and the Services that we provide and to ensure that you are billed for the Services you choose to receive from us. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our Sites and Services and to fulfil our contracts with users.
· Promotional Information. Certain offerings of the Site are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do consent to take advantage of our offerings, we will use your data to (as applicable) send you newsletters and other communications that are tailored based on information we have about you, or to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar offering in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the Site.
· Content Information. You also may choose to send us Personal Information in an email or chat message containing inquiries about the Site and Services. We use this Information in order to help us respond to your inquiry. We require that you furnish your Contact Information and Financial Information when you register a paid account with us in order to provide Services through the Site. We require you to furnish your name and e-mail when you register a free account with us. For example, we collect your first and last name, email address, and your zip or postal code in order to create and administer your account. Further, if you are a Client who purchases one of our Services, we collect your first and last name, e-mail address, zip or postal code, address and your Financial Information to facilitate your payment. We also collect additional information in order to facilitate your technical support request, such as information about the technical support issue you are seeking to fix, the time, and the date.
Information We May Automatically Collect
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on the Site. We only disclose logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
We also collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each user request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how you use our Site. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
5. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
· To enable payment for Services, in order to fulfill our contracts with you;
· For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which you can use our Services and the Site, and in order to comply with our legal obligations;
· To analyze the Site usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Site to grow our business;
· To contact you and deliver (via email, push notifications or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of Site and Services with your consent when required under applicable law, as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with you and in promoting our business;
· To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our obligations to you;
· For internal market research for our legitimate interest in improving the Site and Services to grow our business;
· For troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which you and other users can receive the Services they opt to use;
· To assist you in the resolution of complaints and disputes, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good customer service to all users;
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
8. EMBEDDED CONTENT
9. SHARING YOUR DATA
(a) Third Party Agents. We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Third Party Agents assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, insurance, marketing and advertising, website hosting, fraud prevention and detection, communication services, and technical support. We contractually prohibit our Third Party Agents from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purposes other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. To operate the Sikadan Homes Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your information with our agents, representatives, vendors and service providers (“Third Party Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
· Email origination;
· Identity checks;
· Receipt, invoice, or support services;
· Customer relationship management services; and
· To otherwise help us provide the Site.
We share information with Third Party Agents in the following way:
– Flutterwave– We use Flutterwave to process payments;
– Allianz Insurance – We use Allianz Insurance Ghana to process the tenants insurance application;
– Amazon Web Services (AWS) – We use AWS for cloud hosting
(b) Legal Obligations. Sikadan Homes and our Third-Party Agents may disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, third parties or the public at large.
(c) Merger or Acquisition. We reserve the right to share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
10. RETAINING YOUR DATA
When you place use the Services on the Site including creating or booking a listing, we will store your information indefinitely to allow us to keep accurate records of any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You may, at any time, ask us to delete this information by writing to us at the address provided at the end of this policy.
11. PROTECTING YOUR DATA
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
The third-party services that we use to store data are equipped to monitor unauthorized access and share with us any known system breaches. These third-party services include: Flutterwave and Allianz Insurance. Additionally, if, at any point, we become aware of a data breach through one of the third parties listed above, or by our own measures, we will immediately contact all affected parties and also take immediate action in accordance with the rules and regulations of the authority having jurisdiction.
13. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, we encourage you to contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
You should read this policy to understand what cookies are, how we use them, the types of cookies we use i.e, the information we collect using cookies and how to control the cookie preferences on your device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient. We are required by law to store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the Site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.sikadanhomes.org
Our Site uses first-party cookies and third-party cookies for a number of reasons. The first-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and do not collect any of your personally identifiable data. The third-party cookies are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our Site, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and ensuring a better and improved user experience to help speed up your future interactions with our Site.
What types of cookies do we use?
– Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
– Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the Site, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. This data helps us to understand and analyze how well the Site performs and identifies areas for improvement.
– Marketing: These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
– Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include actions such as, but not limited to, embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
– Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the Site.
How can I control the cookie preferences?
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website but you should note that if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to use some of the features of our Site.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work